Services To Employers
SVETS helps employers translate their support for the Armed Forces into action, showcasing best practice and adapting it to the needs of your business. SVETS' consultants support the implementation of structured, sustainable and measurable programmes that maximise impact - and demonstrate your support for former Service men and women.
Our Strategic Planning Workshops and events:
- Showcase best practice and consider how best to apply it
- Define what success will look like and how to measure it
- Agree objectives, ownership and governance
- Develop a plan
Our Education and Training Events:
- Deliver leadership and resilience training
- Explain the benefits, risks and barriers to hiring veterans
- Align ex-military jobseekers' skills with your needs
- Dispel misperceptions and stereotypes
SVETS' recruitment service offers tailored support to employers, helping to deliver a sustainable, coherent supply of qualified ex-service men and women into the organisations and roles where they will succeed. SVETS' proven model and enabling technology provide you with a cost-effective managed recruitment service at 3 levels:
- SVETS Advertising Plus promotes roles to the ex-military community on our home and affiliate websites, job boards and social media. In return for a finder's fee, we will also search our database and those of our partners to source suitably qualified candidates.
- SVETS Recruiter is our recommended recruitment offering. This service sources, filters, long lists and conducts first interviewing to present employers with a short list of qualified candidates. This highly cost-effective service is designed for medium and larger organisations that can plan and forecast their needs.
- SVETS Premium is a bespoke consultancy service, providing advertising, search, filtering, shortlisting and, if necessary, assessment of suitably qualified ex-military candidates. This service is designed for employers requiring small numbers of candidates or with short notice requirements. We pride ourselves on our responsiveness and sense of urgency.
Education and Training Service
Many businesses seek to train their employees through apprenticeships and internships, but find the process of funding applications and candidate search too complicated.
Using long-standing links with local training and education providers, SVETS help employers (and potential employees) to access appropriate resources. We will:
- Help your business pinpoint the training/qualifications you require
- Assess hard and soft skills of ex-military candidates using commercial online tests
- Inform you of all available funding programmes and participating training providers
- Assist with the development of internal training programmes, internships and placement programmes.
- Advise and guide ex-Service men and women to suitable vocational training, further education and volunteering opportunities to enhance their employability.
The MOD's Career Transition Partnership makes training available to Service leavers to support their transition. SVETS supports this process by assessing skills and provision of advice on training to address identified sills gaps, including those no longer eligible for MOD funded training services.